[TYPO3] automatic display of first menu item

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Apr 20 11:39:17 CEST 2008

Hi!

Michael Christensen wrote:
> I don't know how to make the first item in a TMENU (or any menu actually)
> active, in order to show the contents automatically, as soon as you enter
> the page, where the menu is located.

Menu item becomes active automatically when you are on the page for this menu item. However you have to make CSS or some other way to distinguish active menu items from normal on the page. At the moment your ACT items are the same as NO items:

>     NO {
>       allWrap = <h3>+&nbsp|</h3>
>       after.field = subtitle
>       }
>     ACT < .NO

So ACT will look exactly like NO. You may want to give it different CSS class.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team