[TYPO3] automatic display of first menu item

Michael Christensen michael.c at lafnet.dk
Sun Apr 20 11:24:17 CEST 2008

I don't know how to make the first item in a TMENU (or any menu actually)
active, in order to show the contents automatically, as soon as you enter
the page, where the menu is located.

The typoscript for my menu is simple:

lib.portMenu = HMENU

lib.portMenu {

  special = directory

  special.value = 115

  1 = TMENU

  1 {

    NO {

      allWrap = <h3>+&nbsp|</h3>

      after.field = subtitle

      }

    ACT < .NO

  }

}

 But I don't know, if I can achieve this by changing the menu, rather than
something else.

Furthermore, I would like to use the same function on another page. I want
to show the content from the first/newest subpage of the page, where the
menu belongs. But without any menu, that is: just a "newest page"-function,
where the content of the newest subpage to a certain (different) page is
displayed. Is that possible, and how?

Thanks in advance!

- Michael