[TYPO3] Paypal / payment donation extension - feedback needed

Fabien Udriot fudriot at omic.ch
Fri Apr 18 10:50:42 CEST 2008

Which payment's extension do you use in your project ?

My purpose is to have a little donation form. Nothing complicated. Just a simple field with amout
and a button to be directed to the payment gateway. Paypal seems to me a well-spread and low cost
solution.

I ran through the TER and pointed the following extensions.

* tdo_payment
   Description : Payment with Paypay, Creditcart(Paypal), Bank transfer
   latest release : 02.04.2008
   Comment : Seems promising but unfortunately no documentation. Transactions storage in a sysfolder?

* paypalapi
   Description : Class for interfacing with Paypal.
   Latest release : 07.09.2004
   Comment : Unfortunately no documentation. Does not extend tslib_pibase, independent class.

* tripaypalapi
   Extension's description : A class to handle Paypal Functionality
   latest release : 08.06.2007
   Comment : More recent than paypalapi, unfortunately no documentation. I don't see how to use it.
No method main() found in the main class.

* paymentlib
   Description : This code library acts as an abstraction layer for payment methods in general.
   Latest release : 11.09.2007
   Comment : Little documentation in the README.TXT. Seems to be a "complete" solution with many
derivated extensions. I don't see yet how to use it with Paypal.

* pt_payment
   Description : eCommerce payment solution that enables a web shop to receive payments (...)
   latest release : 30.05.2007
   Comment : With documentation and screenshots. But seems to be a solution for a dedicated payment
institute in Norway.

Has someone a feedback or advice concerning a payment extension? Or even better has someone a code's
snippet to share?

Thanks for your replies.

Fabien Udriot