[TYPO3] FCE's and values from foreign tables

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Apr 18 13:33:54 CEST 2008

Hi!

John Kavanagh wrote:
> Thanks for that. foreign_field and foreign_label are tca items - I was
> just trying everything to get it to work!!

There are for IRRE only as far as I know. Your TS is not IRRE.

> I have tried lots of typoscript using RECORDS but I cant get anything to
> work. Could you give me an example?

Examples exist in TSRef. Also you can search for old "TypoScript By Example" document, which will give you lots of examples. Truly, I cannot give any real example given your description of goals below. Sorry :( May be "TypoScript By Example" will help.

If you need uid or pid of parent element, check TV manual, search for "parentRec" there. I suspect you may need that...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team