[TYPO3] Is DAM worth its use or is it dead?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Apr 17 08:25:51 CEST 2008

Hi Dan,

> There was a move to make the DAM part of the core. How is that going?
> Can it be made a priority for 4.3?

No plans for 4.3 but worth a thought for later use. I don't think we need
all the document management features, but having an index of all the files
would allow us to use file referencing like it is currently done with
dam_ttcontent.

So my wish is to split up the functionality and move this part into the core
one day...

> In my opinion, the problems of complexity and lack of documentation will
> be solved by making the DAM part of the core.

How did you come to this conclusion? Sounds weird to me...

> It will also spike the development, which has been stagnant.

There's a team working on it, thought it is very small yet and proceeds
quite slow. I'm sure there will be a boost to this as soon as we have
released a first update and publically sent out a sign of life...

- michael

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/dam_index/1.0.4/view/toc/0/

--
Use a newsreader! Check out