[TYPO3] Is DAM worth its use or is it dead?

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Wed Apr 16 22:25:52 CEST 2008

Dan Osipov wrote:
> We've all got SVN, but not all have write access (and not all should).
>
> Who is the project leader, and how active is he/she in the DAM development?

Hi,

Michiel Roos and Peter Kuehn are project leaders as they actually contribute
code. Georg Kuehnberger and myself are actively involved. Let me know if you
want SVN access.

> FYI, DAM 1.1 release candidate was released over a year ago, and we have
> still to see the final version. Let's fix all the bugs, and release the
> final version already. And then, put together a roadmap for 1.2

More easily said then done. Please remember remarks like "...was released over a
year ago" do not matter here. We are all voluntarily working on this and are
limited in our time. We do our best and that's all we can do. It looks like we
have some resources now to develop a little more and it looks like there will be
more sponsoring as DAM is considered an important part of an Enterprise CMS.

> I'll spend some time looking at the code, bugtracker, docs, etc this
> week, and will try to contribute as much as possible.

OK great I really appreciate that.

gRTz

ben
--