[TYPO3] Is DAM worth its use or is it dead?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Apr 15 20:26:46 CEST 2008

Hi!

Dan Osipov wrote:
> There was a move to make the DAM part of the core. How is that going?
> Can it be made a priority for 4.3?

I do not think it is necessary and would vote against it. Not every extension must be part of the core. In fact several extension should be moved out of core...

> In my opinion, the problems of complexity and lack of documentation will
> be solved by making the DAM part of the core. It will also spike the
> development, which has been stagnant.

It does not. Look to DBAL. And if DAM is moved to core, do not think anyone from core will run to develop DAM. There are huge amount of other things to do in the core.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team