[TYPO3] Is DAM worth its use or is it dead?

Dan Osipov dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Tue Apr 15 20:47:14 CEST 2008

Ok, here is my thinking. Media management is a key component of a modern
CMS. DAM has accomplished the job, but as we see, development has ceased
due to the project leader leaving. The area must continue to evolve though.

I am not an expert at Typo3 (in fact, I'm fairly new), but from what I
can see, the DAM was functioning by XCLASSing several core files. It
also looks different from Typo3 - it's not using the same skin, which is
especially evident when installed on 4.2

So I vote to make DAM part of the core, by building the functionality
that was done by XCLASSing into Typo3, rebuilding DAM to use the back
end skin, etc. It doesn't have to become part of the core, but with
these modifications, it might as well. I'm willing to help, but again, I
don't know the core that well, and it would be best to have at least a
few core developers participating in this project.

Should we move this discussion into the DAM list?

Dan Osipov
Calkins Media
http://phillyburbs.com/