[TYPO3] "Capture" content elements from another page??

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:43:52 CEST 2008

on Tue, 08 Apr 2008 15:56:08 +0200, The Plankmeister wrote:

> Hi...
>
> I have a site setup that uses a particular TV template. However, when
> printing, it looks awful, and no matter how much I fiddle with the
> "print" CSS (2 days now!) it still looks awful (well - in IE6, anway.
> Argh).
>
> So... I'd like to create a new template, specifically for printing, but
> which copies its content from an existing page.
>
> The plan is to have a page in the tree which uses this new template
> (which is setup with the same mapping as the other template) but using
> some cunningly formed TS, it copies or references the content elements
> that are on the "target" page to this new page.
>
> Then I have control over the HTML layout aswell as the CSS.
>
> (And no... it wasn't me that made the HTML to start with, and now it's
> too late to change, and it's fairly big and clunky positioning and OMG
> it's just a BEAST!)
>
> The question is... What would the TS look like that would "copy" (or
> otherwise duplicate) the required content elements into the new template
> dynamically, depending on the "target" page?
>
> Or is it even possible?
>
> //Plankmeister

normaly a printlayout is done with another page-definition and the
typeNum 98.
this takes the content from the 'normal' page (type=0) and arranges it
fitted for the print.
The printlayout can be accessed with the normal URL and the additional
parameter "&type=98" so it is possible to have a link for each page which
shows the actual page formatted for print.

you can reuse your existing page-definition like this:

page = PAGE
page {
	// this is default:
	typeNum = 0