[TYPO3] "Capture" content elements from another page??

The Plankmeister plankmeister at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 8 15:56:08 CEST 2008

Hi...

I have a site setup that uses a particular TV template. However, when
printing, it looks awful, and no matter how much I fiddle with the
"print" CSS (2 days now!) it still looks awful (well - in IE6, anway. Argh).

So... I'd like to create a new template, specifically for printing, but
which copies its content from an existing page.

The plan is to have a page in the tree which uses this new template
(which is setup with the same mapping as the other template) but using
some cunningly formed TS, it copies or references the content elements
that are on the "target" page to this new page.

Then I have control over the HTML layout aswell as the CSS.

(And no... it wasn't me that made the HTML to start with, and now it's
too late to change, and it's fairly big and clunky positioning and OMG
it's just a BEAST!)

The question is... What would the TS look like that would "copy" (or
otherwise duplicate) the required content elements into the new template
dynamically, depending on the "target" page?

Or is it even possible?

//Plankmeister