[TYPO3] Agree or Disagree...

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Apr 4 20:02:21 CEST 2008

Hi!

NComenduley at firstambank.com wrote:
> However, the structure of Typo3 presents some incompatibilities when it
> comes to building the [snip] website an our research has concluded that
> Typo3 may not be the appropriate technology for this project. There are
> major requirements missing, such as (a) the extension & personalization of
> Typo3?s admin capabilities to handle specific new object features and (b)

Pretty basic phrase to answer anything exact but you can customize almost anything in TYPO3 with extensions. So this might not be true. Looks like lack of experience from a person who made this conclusion.

> the building of oriented objects relations working on database-driven
> generated templates. Typo3?s admin is not flexible to handle many tasks
> needed to for completion of this site as designed.

Again too basic but generally wrong.

> We have tried to work on the limits of your existing CMS. Despite research
> and inquiries in Typo3?s library of extensions, we have yet to receive
> replies about specific technical requests that we submitted to Typo3
> support team. In addition, we have noticed all over the Internet that

There is no such thing as TYPO3 support team, so they definitely could not submit anything to non-existing team.

> ?all? websites built within typo3 technology look and are presented and
> structured in a particular fashion (Option ?PAGES? / Edit static
> content/?). In other words, every example of website generated within
> Typo3 rely on predefined events that were well organized in some static
> templates basis. We feel Typo3 generates websites seems far from a
> complete web 2.0 concept.

I have a project in mind to build a web site on TYPO3, which is web 2.0-based. This looks pretty easy to me and so far I never was wrong in my assumptions when it comes to TYPO3 projects.

> Furthermore, we can cite:
> ? Missing Adjustments in the Typo3 Core: complex HTML tables and complex
> forms that meet the accessibility guidelines cannot yet be displayed. In
> such cases the web developers/administrators should store the
> correspondingly prepared content statically as HTML content in Typo3. It
> can be assumed that standard conformity and accessibility will play a more
> important role in creating website in future.?

These people do not know anything about TYPO3... All these things either exists or can be built as extensions. What they propose "web developers/administrators should store the correspondingly prepared content statically as HTML content in Typo3" means only that they do not understand how TYPO3 works and how they should work with TYPO3.

> Finally, in order to build First American Bank?s website, we would have
> to:
> -Develop complex dynamic templates with multiple oriented
> objects-relational

Depends on the site of course but generally templates are not complex, just normal HTML. No more complex than for any other CMS that does the same as TYPO3 does.

> -Extend automatically specific features of  the backend Interface

This may happen but if they have o extend it for TYPO3, they will have to extend it for any other system as well.

> -Personalize the way coded pages should interact

Same as above: not different from any other sustem, so not a disadvantage. Given good quality of TYPO3 API, I would say it is more an advantage!

> -Communicate in the frontend according to each users? actions.

Same as above two, nothing to add.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team