[TYPO3] Agree or Disagree...

NComenduley at firstambank.com NComenduley at firstambank.com
Fri Apr 4 18:12:19 CEST 2008

Hoping this is the right forum, but I need some initial thoughts.
We are doing a redesign working with a contractor.  Below is their
rationale for changing *out* of Typo3.
Agree or disagree or other comment?  (with regards to v4.1.5)
- - - - - - - -
[snip]
However, the structure of Typo3 presents some incompatibilities when it
comes to building the [snip] website an our research has concluded that
Typo3 may not be the appropriate technology for this project. There are
major requirements missing, such as (a) the extension & personalization of
Typo3?s admin capabilities to handle specific new object features and (b)
the building of oriented objects relations working on database-driven
generated templates. Typo3?s admin is not flexible to handle many tasks
needed to for completion of this site as designed.
We have tried to work on the limits of your existing CMS. Despite research
and inquiries in Typo3?s library of extensions, we have yet to receive
replies about specific technical requests that we submitted to Typo3
support team. In addition, we have noticed all over the Internet that
?all? websites built within typo3 technology look and are presented and
structured in a particular fashion (Option ?PAGES? / Edit static
content/?). In other words, every example of website generated within
Typo3 rely on predefined events that were well organized in some static
templates basis. We feel Typo3 generates websites seems far from a
complete web 2.0 concept.
Furthermore, we can cite:
? Missing Adjustments in the Typo3 Core: complex HTML tables and complex
forms that meet the accessibility guidelines cannot yet be displayed. In
such cases the web developers/administrators should store the
correspondingly prepared content statically as HTML content in Typo3. It
can be assumed that standard conformity and accessibility will play a more
important role in creating website in future.?
Book reference: Typo3, Enterprise Content Management?s book (P.385)
Finally, in order to build First American Bank?s website, we would have
to:
-Develop complex dynamic templates with multiple oriented
objects-relational
-Extend automatically specific features of  the backend Interface
-Personalize the way coded pages should interact
-Communicate in the frontend according to each users? actions.
[snip]