[TYPO3] *** POSSIBLE SPAM (3.5) *** Re: GPL Liscense and login / BE

Andrew Davis junk at avagraphique.com
Thu Oct 18 15:44:58 CEST 2007

well, if you seriously consider user interface a feature, there there
is a comparison to be made.

we are in the business of not only delivering functionality, but user
experience. and this is where we are lacking in typo3. When I say "We"
i mean my company, as we havent customized the backend fully as some
note they have.

Andrew

In article
<mailman.1.1192663464.14194.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de>
TylerKraft <headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca> wrote:

| *ahem*

| If only joomla had some of the capabilities of typo3 maybe then
we'd| take the comparison seriously....

| Stephen Bungert wrote:
||  Andrew Davis wrote:
|||   it seems clear to us that typo3 be needs serious
|||  simplification. This is not a knock against Typo3. it is
||| straightforward enough and very powerful, but for joe-average,
||| still over their head.
||  I have to agree with this. I have to re-design for our company
|| sites  with a CMS. I choose TYPO3 because it's the only one that
|| seem to let us  do what I need to plus works with multiple
|| languages. I am worried  though about how to get the content
editors|| to use it. Most don't speak  english or german fluently and,
|| compared to say JOOMLA 1.5, is an ugly  old dinosaur. I think if
|| JOOMLA 1.5 had been released as a final and had  good documentation
|| in place for me to learn how it works I may have  choosen that,
not|| because I think it's better, but because I think the  people that
|| will have to edit the content would have a better chance of
using|| it.
||  Considering that TYPO3 is a CMS and not a development tool maybe
|| the  devs could concentrate on making the next version more
usable|| for  content editors, most of whom have trouble using
interfaces
|| like hotmail  and outlook express. I'm a bit concerned about
whether|| TYPO3 is actually  only useable by web developers.

--
I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo