[TYPO3] External FE Auth

Nino Katic DELETE_MEnkatic at jagor.srce.hr
Thu Nov 29 14:53:53 CET 2007

Hello,

I want to authenticate FE users from some external DB. There is extension
for this but i don't want it to create FE users in Typo3 db. So my question
would be - is it possible to authenticate FE users without them being in
typo fe_users table? I saw couple of FE auth. extensions working similar -
they first check if user exists in external repository and if auth passes
they create user in typo fe_users table. I don't see a need for duplicating
user data again in Typo3 db but maybe it's a must ? Thx.

Regards,

Nino