[TYPO3] External FE Auth

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Nov 29 15:00:31 CET 2007

Hi!

Nino Katic wrote:
> I want to authenticate FE users from some external DB. There is extension
> for this but i don't want it to create FE users in Typo3 db. So my question
> would be - is it possible to authenticate FE users without them being in
> typo fe_users table? I saw couple of FE auth. extensions working similar -
> they first check if user exists in external repository and if auth passes
> they create user in typo fe_users table. I don't see a need for duplicating
> user data again in Typo3 db but maybe it's a must ? Thx.

<rant>Are you talking about "typo" (http://typosphere.org/) or TYPO3(http://typo3.org/)? These are different things. Just like Nino and Nano are different.</rant>

I think they create users because many extensions rely on user existence in these tables. Many extensions will be broken if user is authenticated but does not exist in database.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team