[TYPO3] TV concept: default templates (DS/TO)

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Tue May 29 09:51:31 CEST 2007

Georg Rehfeld wrote:
> The TYPO3 backend then has a big usability problem:
>
> - authors have no feedback of what DS/TO is actually used.

And they should not. This is the concept. However you can change
appearance of page module to reflect your layout. Read manual.

> - authors could change easily to a totally unrelated DS/TO, breaking
>   the CI of a subtree, simply by not seeing, what the default is.

Nope. You can forbid them to change these fields and you can limit them
in types of available DS/TO.

> When a new page is added with "Page (inside)" there is no preselection
> of "Page Template Structure:" (and my handcrafted nice icons ain't shown
> in the first place :-) ). Also there is an error message under
> "Content:"
>   Data Structure ERROR: No source value in fieldname "tx_templavoila_ds"

Ignore this, this is false error message.

> Discussion, please

You should have asked in TemplaVoila mailing list, not here.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs