[TYPO3] TV concept: default templates (DS/TO)

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Tue May 29 14:06:41 CEST 2007

On May 29, 2007, at 2:51 AM, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Georg Rehfeld wrote:
>> The TYPO3 backend then has a big usability problem:
>>
>> - authors have no feedback of what DS/TO is actually used.
>
> And they should not. This is the concept. However you can change
> appearance of page module to reflect your layout. Read manual.
>
>> - authors could change easily to a totally unrelated DS/TO, breaking
>>   the CI of a subtree, simply by not seeing, what the default is.
>
> Nope. You can forbid them to change these fields and you can limit
> them
> in types of available DS/TO.
>
>> When a new page is added with "Page (inside)" there is no
>> preselection
>> of "Page Template Structure:" (and my handcrafted nice icons ain't
>> shown
>> in the first place :-) ). Also there is an error message under
>> "Content:"
>>   Data Structure ERROR: No source value in fieldname
>> "tx_templavoila_ds"
The orogional question was (the above was cut weeirdly from the
origional)

"When a new page is added via the wizard, the first choice, after the
> position, is the "Select a template for your new page:" _whitout_ any
> TO preselected (and that annoying/strange "Default template" too,
> what is that anyway, how to configure/suppress that?)"

I had a couple of clients getting really confused about that to,
since I never used the wizard I was surprised as-well.
The error is really an error (it uses the word 'ERROR0')
may be we should change this to 'WARNING'

a) Dmitry, would that help as someting to help users better
understand that the error is not an error but a warning?
so they could get less nervous?

b) How do you solve it towards your clients?

c) I don't know how active the TV mailinglist is, the last time I
checked
it was a couple of mails per week (or was it less??) so I responded
here.