[TYPO3] extension development.

mario chiari.hm at flashnet.it
Tue Mar 13 14:00:26 CET 2007

Hi Bernd, all

thanks for your reply.
I have tried Kickstarter a number of times, and mostly it works
wonderfully. Thanks for your advise.

Still, I am still puzzled on how much php code Kickstarter is supposed
to write by itself.

Consider the function getFieldContent. Most often I have got just the
following definition (which by itself is not enough to get a working
extension):

-------------------------------------
function   getFieldContent($fN)	{
		switch($fN) {
			case 'uid':
return $this->pi_list_linkSingle($this->internal['currentRow'][$fN],
$this->internal['currentRow']['uid'],1);	// ...
			break;
			default:
	return $this->internal['currentRow'][$fN];
			break;}}
------------------------------------

Once I got the extra case (My_field_name being a RTE textarea) too,
which however it do not understand how to reproduce

---------------------------------------
		case "My_field_name":
return
$this->pi_RTEcssText($this->internal['currentRow']['My_field_name']);
			break;

So the question is: how do I exactly control which code Kickstarter is
going to produce by default?

Thanks for any further help.
mario

ps is anybody working to improve kickstarter even more?

--
mario <chiari.hm at flashnet.it>