[TYPO3] extension development.

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Mar 8 23:30:32 CET 2007

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 01:24:29 +0000, mario wrote
with subject "Re: [TYPO3] extension development.":

> Hi Bernd,
>
> On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 10:19 +0100, Bernd Wilke wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:25:22 +0100, Asbjørn Morell wrote
> > with subject "Re: [TYPO3] extension development.":
> >

> > partly supported (if you choose the correct options in kickstarter):
>
> which one exactly?

I used it a long time ago - and didn't found it at once.

but digging around (I just started the kickstarter to build up a new
extension and peeked into 'view result') I got it:

when creating a frontend-plugin you can choose between different options.
just use the first:
(there the last three input-options)
>(x) Add to 'Insert Plugin' list in Content Elements'

    Most frontend plugins should be added to the Plugin list of Content
Element type 'Insert Plugin'. This is what happens with most other plugins
you know of.
    [... pic shown ...]

    [ ] Add icon to 'New Content Element' wizard:
    [... pic shown ...]

    Write a description for the entry (if any):
    [___________________________] [English]

    If you have configured custom tables you can select one of the tables
to list by default as an example:
>   [_table_(tx_myext_table)_(n_fields)__][V]
>
>   [X] Listing: Sections instead of table-rows
>   [X] Singleview: Sections instead of table-rows

first you have to create your own table to be used, then this table will be
available to select in the dropdown.

> > * listing of records
> > * displaying single records
>
> do you mean as it seem to work for Kasper`s cd collection example?

I don't know. possible. Maybe someone else can verify?
You get a framework to display a list of records and jump to a
single-record-display. It seems all is done. Just if you didn't like the
layout, or shown fields you have to change the generated php.

At the time I used this I had to enhance all functions, because I used
three cascaded tables instead of one single, which made all a little bit
more difficult (I had to build up the queries by myself instead of using
the generated single-table-queries)

> Very happy if you clarify these points
> my best
> mario