[TYPO3] Wraping content of a plugin

Vlatko Surlan vlatkoDOTsurlan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 22:20:09 CET 2007

JoH asenau wrote:
>>> Recently I had a post about how to wrap header separately from the
>>> body of the content element. I learned I need to modify different
>>> tt_content.xxxx.20.wrap = somw | wrap. However I cannot figure out
>>> what is the xxxx for plugins? Can this be done?
>> Plugins are USER or USER_INT objects, they must implement wrap
>> themselves.
>
> Well - you can wrap the content element "insert plugin" which can be found
> at:
>
> tt_content.list
>
> the original TS code for this element in CSS-styled-content is:
>
> tt_content.list = COA
> tt_content.list {
>     10 =< lib.stdheader
>     20 = CASE
>     20 {
>         # all the available plugins
>         # are listed here by number
>         # or name
>     }
> }
>

> Since CASE offers stdWrap properties you could do something like this:
>
> tt_content.list.20.stdWrap.wrap = <bodywrap>|</bodywrap>
>
> But this means: Each plugin element will get the same bodywrap regardless of
> the plugin that's inside.
>
> HTH
>
> Joey

This one worked for me. I noticed it might have something to do with
tt_content.list because I saw it in the html source code comments.
However I am still puzzled about how was I supposed to find this in the
documentation. Typo3 docs are still such an unsorted forest of sprinkled
info that I just can't seem to find my way around it.

I was wondering how would one of you guys go about finding this piece of
info in the docs. And I am talking here about the exact line of thought.
For example: OK we are talking about plugins so that is located at xxxx,
then I take a look at the part about content elemnts which is located at
xxxxx. Some kind of tutorial about finding the exact place in the
documentation where something is described would be a nice thing :).