[TYPO3] Wraping content of a plugin

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Sun Mar 4 23:28:15 CET 2007

>>> Plugins are USER or USER_INT objects, they must implement wrap
>>> themselves.
>>
>> Well - you can wrap the content element "insert plugin" which can be
>> found at:
>>
>> tt_content.list
>>
>> the original TS code for this element in CSS-styled-content is:
>>
>> tt_content.list = COA
>> tt_content.list {
>>     10 =< lib.stdheader
>>     20 = CASE
>>     20 {
>>         # all the available plugins
>>         # are listed here by number
>>         # or name
>>     }
>> }
>>
>> Since CASE offers stdWrap properties you could do something like
>> this:
>>
>> tt_content.list.20.stdWrap.wrap = <bodywrap>|</bodywrap>
>>
>> But this means: Each plugin element will get the same bodywrap
>> regardless of the plugin that's inside.
>>
> This one worked for me. I noticed it might have something to do with
> tt_content.list because I saw it in the html source code comments.
> However I am still puzzled about how was I supposed to find this in
> the documentation. Typo3 docs are still such an unsorted forest of
> sprinkled info that I just can't seem to find my way around it.
>
> I was wondering how would one of you guys go about finding this piece
> of info in the docs. And I am talking here about the exact line of
> thought. For example: OK we are talking about plugins so that is
> located at xxxx, then I take a look at the part about content elemnts
> which is located at xxxxx. Some kind of tutorial about finding the
> exact place in the documentation where something is described would
> be a nice thing :).

Well - it's not in the docs, since it depends on the TS template you are
using.
If you want to find the connections between the different parts of such a
template you should use the TypoScript object browser (TSOB) which is part
of the template section in the BE. You can select it from the box at the
upper right corner of the template editing screen and it will show you the
whole TS setup as a nice interactive tree.

You can see i.e. the different parts of tt_content and by expanding
tt_content and it's children you find out that tt_content.list contains lots
of plugins all packed into one CASE element.

Now the rest can be found with TSref ...

This is how I learned the stuff a few years ago.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de