[TYPO3] Large Site with a Million Users

Angela Roberts angela at elderrees.com
Fri Jun 8 03:36:42 CEST 2007

I am currently creating a site that has the potential to have a
million users.  I have been developing the site in .NET and I am
considering porting the site to Typo3.

The biggest question....what are the advantages and disadvantages of
Typo3 vs a .NET solution?
Does .NET have a better record with regard to performance than PHP?

And the next big question is...

What is Typo3's reputation when it comes to big sites, performance
and staying up to date on performance, best practices etc?

Other questions....

1. Is this a good idea?
2. How will the site handle with a million users.  Will it be slow?
3. Are there any issues that I might need to consider other than
speed and performance when you are developing a site this big?
4. What are issues that I might be faced with that others have run
into?  I would rather see what's coming .... and be prepared ....
than to be blind sided.
5. Does anyone have a good recommendation of where I can find
qualified people to help me?

Thanks in advance!

angela