[TYPO3] RealURL - fiexedPostVars for subpages OR internationalize get tag

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Tue Jun 5 20:27:43 CEST 2007

Hallo Casanova

its quite easy, I just changed our sites to it, took less then 5 minutes:

http://www.t3pack.org/arabic-support/arabic-language/arabic/
http://www.t3pack.org/chinese-support/chinese-language/chinese/
http://www.t3pack.org/deutsche-unterstuetzung/deutsche-sprache/deutsch/
http://www.t3pack.org/support/multilingual/

We have only on the multilingual Page all LanguageVersions we probably need
for testing. utf8 and right to left support.
http://www.t3pack.org/support/multilingual/

On all othe sites there are only german, english and thai

But also here we define ALL our languages in the Globe. Which means that
even on a page where we offer only 3 languages we can create
languageversions of ALL languages. That's what I just did. I created a
languageVersion on a Page where we don't offer a translation for this
language.

In our setting the Language parameter is comming at the end with FULL NAME
of the Language. But this could be also only 2 Letters or even
"today_is_sunny" be.We define those values and if they should appear at the
beginning or the end in an external xml file. This gives us the possibility
to change settings even in one site - good if you have multidomain settings.

i.e.  domain1.com/languageParameter/PathALevel1/PathALevel2

or domain1.com/language2LetterCode/PathBLevel1/PathBLevel2

i.e.  domain1.com/PathALevel1/PathALevel2/Number_of_Language   we only
insert a new ext:template on the page we wanna change the URL to something
else and refer in TSSetup to the specific xml file for this Page and its
subtree.

If this is what you want and you have PHP5 working then I recommend
switching to CoolUri as it is much easier and more flexible then RealUrl.
have a look here.

Tutorial - cooluri:
http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dd33gg45_3f8j96p
Here you can see also our settings we have made to get these URLs.

At the End of this dokument you find also RealUrl Examples if you wanna stay
with it.

I hope this helps
Andi