[TYPO3] suggestions on form submit

Oliver Rowlands oliver at liquidlight.co.uk
Sun Jun 3 14:41:57 CEST 2007

Hi Marco,

I think you need to read up on Typo3 extension development as you seem
to have a lack of understanding of the basic concepts. There is basic
extension development tutorial available on Typo3.org:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/player_profile_basic/0.0.8/view/

You might also want to have a look at how other extensions work - maybe
try finding one which provides similar functionality to the one are
trying to create and use it as a starting point.

It is a flawed misconception to think that 'submitting data to a handler
is safer than submitting data to itself' as this is makes no difference
whatsoever when it comes to 'security'.

In most cases securing PHP forms all comes down to how you handle
incoming requests, data validation & sanitisation and how this data then
interacts with your database or model. Whether this logic is in the same
controller which generates your form or a separate one is completely
irrelevant.

Hope this help,

Oliver