[TYPO3] TV concept: default templates (DS/TO) RESOLVED PARTLY

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Sun Jun 3 03:10:07 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I know, that this still doesn't belong here, but better would have been
in the TYPO3-templavoila list in the first place. But I started the
thread here and got all answers here, consider cross posting as bad
nettiquette and like to finish my findings in the thread I started.

Georg Rehfeld wrote:
> However, the "<titleBarColor>" feature obviously got lost somewhere in
> the process of upgrading/bugfixing TV, without notice:
>
> there is no "titleBarColor" string (in the documented sense) anywhere
> in the sources of TV 1.3.1 ... except for the Changelog.txt

Again by inspection of the TV SVN logs/diffs I'm pretty sure, that the
"<titleBarColor>" feature is gone and no longer available.

The first evidence of this was in SVN Rev. 2315 (2005-12-15), where the
code accessing "<titleBarColor>" from the XML was commented out.

This was a very, very heavy overhaul of TV involving ~60 files ... so it
might easily be, that I overlooked some concept change. But at least,
the documented way of setting a title bar color didn't exist any more
since then.

The out-commented lines then lasted until SVN Rev. 3855 (2006-10-05),
where they were simply removed (log msg "Removed comments").

Sorry guys, though I'm a PHP developer I'm not at all deep enough in the
TYPO3 API and especially the TV extension (which is a really advanced
one) to be able to give you a helpfull explanation, _why_ that feature
is gone. I _think_ (but might as well be wrong again) the matching line
from the changelog for that major change in Rev. 2315 (2005-12-15)
regarding this feature is:

| - !!! Removed support for rules from the page module. Evaluation of
|   rules never really worked and - if needed - have to me implemented
|   again, but differently.

Please note, that I don't request that feature again (though it might
help my customers authors a little bit, but I can teach them, how to
proceed).

What I ask for, is a synchronization of the TV document(s) to the actual
implementation. In this case it is really simple (unless my guesses are
wrong): simply remove the section about the "<titleBarColor>" feature.

I offer part of my private time here, to enhance the TV documentation
(including CSH in english and translation to german).

But the big problem I see, is: my efforts to document would fail,
because of lacking knowledge about the features of TV.

See, the reverse engineering of TV code took my whole spare time of
this weekend ... with poor outcome ... a documented feature is gone ...
maybe. Or maybe not?

regards, Georg
--
   ___   ___
  | + | |__    Georg Rehfeld      Woltmanstr. 12     20097 Hamburg
  |_|_\ |___   georg.rehfeld.nospam at gmx.de    +49 (40) 23 53 27 10

               (Delete .nospam from mail address)