[TYPO3] T3CON07 pricing and people from low payed countries..

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Jul 13 10:13:25 CEST 2007

> The attendance of the conference shouldn't be annother control
> instrument to secure his own interests - NO LOW PAID WORKERS - NO
> OUTSOURCING - DON'T SUPPORT TYPO3 INITIATIVES IN LOW PAID COUNTRIES!
> - Sorry but for me it looks like this since many years!

Sorry, but you are completely missing the point here.

The T3CON first was planned to be a "Snowboardtour without snow" to get rid
of those hundreds of nerds that only came there to step on the nerves of a
core developer or even Kasper himself.
On the other hand there was the T3 Association who desperately needed
sponsoring to make the core developers keep up the good work and concentrate
on the important stuff.
Maybe you remember the famous: "Free as in free speech, not as in free
beer"?

So the idea was: If we already got a conference happening in a country with
high wages, lets raise the prices to a very high level to get more money for
the assocation. If people from this region are really interested in TYPO3
they will pay those prices (since they earn enough money to do so) and this
is profit for all of the TYPO3 users, since it will guarantee the further
development of TYPO3.

Most of the core developers are living in countries with high wages so they
definitely need more money than a low paid worker in Thailand.
Without the income of the T3CON i.e. there would be no V5-Team.

And BTW: If you compare the prices to other conferences, they are still
quite low, but they are high enough to bring some return on investment and
this is what it's all about.

But what about this: You could setup a yearly event that came up to
discussion from time to time - T3DIVE.
It would be the hot and wet counterpart to the snowboard tour and I think
Thailand would be a perfect location for it.
So maybe this could be some possibility for your people to get
a) in contact with the same people that come to the T3CON and
b) make some money to sponsor your projects since those people usually pay
more than 1000 Euros for e stay in Phuket

If you will be able to not call it the "WEC-CoolUrl-Diving-Tour" I guess
many people would be interested SCNR ;-)

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC/Xing: http://www.cybercraft.de