[TYPO3] The right way for selecting items from DB tables

Бойчук Петро petro.boychuk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 19:01:39 CEST 2007

Hi list,
My question is:
Is there standard way of selecting items from tables which have TCA defined?
I mean I know there are many features in TYPO3 like
- languages for items
  - not all fields are translated for item, use fields from parent item ...
- version of item (for different workspaces)
- hidden fields
- start date, end date
- maybe some other "versions" or "visibilities" of item (existing in TYPO3
core)

I do not want to invent bicycle, I want to use it. I want to use all that
stuff to make my extensions compatible with current TYPO3 core and further
versions.

Thank you
--
З повагою,