[TYPO3] The right way for selecting items from DB tables

Fri Jul 6 19:21:30 CEST 2007

Бойчук Петро wrote:

> Hi list,
> My question is:
> Is there standard way of selecting items from tables which have TCA
> defined? I mean I know there are many features in TYPO3 like
> - languages for items
>   - not all fields are translated for item, use fields from parent item
> - version of item (for different workspaces)
> - hidden fields
> - start date, end date
> - maybe some other "versions" or "visibilities" of item (existing in TYPO3
> core)
>
> I do not want to invent bicycle, I want to use it. I want to use all that
> stuff to make my extensions compatible with current TYPO3 core and further
> versions.
>
> Thank you

Hi Петро,

in genral the right to do something in TYPO3 depends on the question, if you
do FE or BE programming. Selectqueries are done in the same way for both.
Core API and Coding guidelines tell about the standard ways.

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.0.0/view/toc/0/
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_cgl/current/

My personal experiences as T3 programmer:

http://t3flyers.wordpress.com/2007/05/05/golden-rules-for-typo3-extension-programmers/

Regards

Elmar