[TYPO3] is this approach a big disadvantage?

a owen aowen at swissonline.ch
Mon Feb 26 01:21:51 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm doing my first typo3 project. I'm using extensions where i can, but
for a News-Section I've written php-scripts because its very diffrent
then any extension i found. I'm implementing this file with the
extension lumophpinclude.
My fear is, that this isn't a efficient way to use typo3 because the
cache is disabled. The question is if i would program a proper extension
(slowly understanding how). Would this increase the performance because
of caching? all the news would be in the database and would be renderd
by the extension so I'm not sure if it would be cached, even with a
proper extension?

Thanks for a opinion
andi