[TYPO3] don't know how to reset sequence keys using dbal

marcel.gsteiger at milprog.ch marcel.gsteiger at milprog.ch
Sun Feb 25 17:26:19 CET 2007

Hi all

I just added postgresql as a second handler to one of my installations
and transferred the data for one table to the new database. My table
belongs to a simple home-made extension and has uid as primary key
field. Displaying and modifying data works as expected.

Now I have the problem described as "Sequences collide with imported
data" in the DBAL manual. Typo3 tries to insert new records with an uid
value that is way too low. The manual says I should consult bug #2106 to
find a solution. But I don't find any information on how I could adjust
the sequence start in a good way within adodb.

Any help on how this should be resolved properly would much be
appreciated. I tried to change the type of my uid column to serial (by
adding a sequence and setting the default value), but this did not work.
Typo3 seems to try to insert its own value everytime.

regards
--Marcel