[TYPO3] location for image in a plugin, changing?

Wido Widlewski typo3 at websimplex.de
Wed Feb 7 17:50:45 CET 2007

Hi Andrew,

AD> i have a plugin i am developing (my 1st, please bear with me...)

AD> I have an image field. in that image field, if i try and choose an image
AD> that exists as a choice already in another record for that plugin item,
AD> it renames the image that is selected.

AD> for example, if one image that is selected is canoe.jpg, if in another
AD> record i choose the same image (located in a filemount), it renames the
AD> image in the field to canoe-01.jpg.

AD> and when the frontend loads, it tries to find that canoe-01.jog, which
AD> of course isnt there....

AD> can someone explain or point me where to look?

AD> I was also trying to find out where the upload portion of the image
AD> field entry actually would save the file?

i think, you meen with "choose an image that exists" an image located
in the fileadmin/ folder. AFAIK TYPO3 saves an instance of the used
file (your image canoe.jpg) in the uploads/ folder. Maybe there is a
folder tx_<yourextensionkey> containing the uploaded files or the file
is saved in the folder uploads/pics/, that would explain the filename
canoe_01.jpg, because canoe.jpg already existed (referenced by the
other record). I think, this approach is used to avoid deadlinks to
accidentally deleted imagefiles.

I hope, this will help you a litte bit.

Greetings,

Wido Widlewski