[TYPO3] location for image in a plugin, changing?

Andrew Davis andrew at theandrewunderground.com
Wed Feb 7 16:58:36 CET 2007

this seems to be doing something odd...

i have a plugin i am developing (my 1st, please bear with me...)

I have an image field. in that image field, if i try and choose an image
that exists as a choice already in another record for that plugin item,
it renames the image that is selected.

for example, if one image that is selected is canoe.jpg, if in another
record i choose the same image (located in a filemount), it renames the
image in the field to canoe-01.jpg.

and when the frontend loads, it tries to find that canoe-01.jog, which
of course isnt there....

can someone explain or point me where to look?

I was also trying to find out where the upload portion of the image
field entry actually would save the file?

Thanks for any help,
Andrew Davis