[TYPO3] Templavoila and language

Paul Rijke paul at rijke.org
Sun Dec 30 11:56:14 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have a site with two languages with templavoila (disabled mode). My default language is dutch and the optional is english.

I have created a template with a selectable header by adding a field to de DS with an image and mapped it to the header which works great. Now, I am translating the site an came across two issues hich I am unable to solve yet.

1. I use shortcuts in my pagetree as a placeholder for the menu. When I click the shorcut, it actually shows the content of another page (wich is exactly what a shortcut means ;-). My problem is that I cannot translate the name of the shortcut, so my English site is showing dutch menu-items.

2. The way I manage to use selectable headers (see DS below) does not allow me to select another image when I am translating the page. This is bad news, cause I am using language specific text in my headers. Again, I have no clue ho to solve this one.

I hope there are some typo3-wizzards around here who can tell me if it can be solved and if yes, how?

Many thanks upfront

   <field_header_image type="array">
    <tx_templavoila type="array">
     <title>Header Image</title>
     <sample_data type="array">
      <numIndex index="0"></numIndex>
     </sample_data>
     <eType>image</eType>
     <tags>*:inner</tags>
     <TypoScript>
 10 = IMAGE
 10.file = fileadmin/templates/connectit/banner_s2.gif
 10.file.import = fileadmin/templates/connectit/headers/
 10.file.import.current = 1
 10.file.import.listNum = 0
 10.file.maxW = 758
 10.file.maxH = 139
       </TypoScript>
    </tx_templavoila>
    <TCEforms type="array">
     <config type="array">
      <type>group</type>
      <internal_type>file</internal_type>
      <allowed>gif,png,jpg,jpeg</allowed>
      <max_size>1000</max_size>
      <uploadfolder>fileadmin/templates/connectit/headers</uploadfolder>
      <show_thumbs>1</show_thumbs>
      <size>1</size>
      <maxitems>1</maxitems>
      <minitems>0</minitems>