[TYPO3] use extension twice

freitag t.schoenbuchner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 23:52:44 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> freitag wrote:
>> thanks a lot for your help! it seems the whole thing isn´t that easy!
>> Or in other words really a bad idea! Do you know if it´s possible to
>> build a new extension based on an existing with the extension
>> kickstarter? i never used it before.
>>
>> maybe its much easier to take a similar extension like nicosdirectory
>> and change this for my needs. (the third way extending nicosdirectory
>> for two funktionalities seems to be very hard, and a lot of php
>> programming).
>
> You can always use XCLASSes to change only some methods in some classes.

hi Dmitry,

thanks a ot for your help. unfortunately i can´t find tutorials about
using Xclasses. Again the Problem in simple words:

One Extension (nicosdirectory) should output different data on two
pages. there should be the possibilty within the backend to create two
different kinds of data records (with different input fields)

What i´m trying right now is:

- add the plugin to two pages and control the output with two different
   templates.

what i need is a possibility to

either:
--------

- create an extension with the kickstarter that inputs the new data into
a new db table - and then extend nicosdirectory to also ouput data of
this table.

or:
---

- create an extension which adds data to the extended original mysql
table of nicosdirectory and then change the extension to query also this
data.

or do i bark up the wrong tree???

thanks again for your help + happy new year ;)

, t