[TYPO3] How to insert a copy of tt_content (content element) in frontend using typoscript or php

Bernd Wilke 19m0nyq02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:56:50 CEST 2007

"Anders Tillbeck" <at at opengate.dk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1177509658.20135.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> > Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] skrev:
> > To be honest I'd go for a totally different strategy.
> > I'd add fields for the profile to the backend user table and make them
> > editable through the User->Setup Module in the Backend.
> > Then, I'd set up a small extension doing the frontend rendering.
> > This is, where things COULD go to.
> >
> > Another idea would be to have all editors as Frontend Users in a special
> > usergroup. Then you could use almost any fe_user profile editing
> > extension available.
> >
> > OR you could create special records and then code the whole editing
> > thing by yourself.
> >
> > But generally it is pain in the a.. to get backend editing into the
> > frontend on a record basis.
> >
> > hth
> > Mathias
>

> Hi Mathias
>
> Thanks for your thoughts. I have done quite a bit of testing and I
> agree. It will save a lot of tears keeping all users as fe_users.
>
> As it is now a (non-admin) be_user cannot see the admin panel on pages
> he/she cannot edit. Not even if the page is containing a reference to a
> content element that the be_user is allowed to edit. Without this
> possibility my idea will not work.
>
> As a last thing:
> Can you please poste the code on how to insert a content element on a
> page using php? I have not been able to find a coding example. Lets say
> I have created a text element for page 7 and then I want to "show it" on
> page 10 as well using my own extension or just some php on he page. If
> you know, plese post the code.
>

> Thanks for your help.
> BR. Anders

following your thread I think about fe_users who can edit their own
fe_user-record and a fe_user-list to display a list or a single record to
everyone

this could be done with existing extensions. (e.g.: feuser_admin,
sg_userdata, gsi_feuser_list,...)

you don't need to display content-records from one page in another one.
maybe a page for listdisplay and anotherone for single-record-display.

just my 2cent

Bernd
--
www.bernd-wilke.net