[TYPO3] How to insert a copy of tt_content (content element) in frontend using typoscript or php

Anders Tillbeck at at opengate.dk
Wed Apr 25 15:59:53 CEST 2007

 > Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] skrev:
> To be honest I'd go for a totally different strategy.
> I'd add fields for the profile to the backend user table and make them
> editable through the User->Setup Module in the Backend.
> Then, I'd set up a small extension doing the frontend rendering.
> This is, where things COULD go to.
>
> Another idea would be to have all editors as Frontend Users in a special
> usergroup. Then you could use almost any fe_user profile editing
> extension available.
>
> OR you could create special records and then code the whole editing
> thing by yourself.
>
> But generally it is pain in the a.. to get backend editing into the
> frontend on a record basis.
>
> hth
> Mathias

Hi Mathias

Thanks for your thoughts. I have done quite a bit of testing and I
agree. It will save a lot of tears keeping all users as fe_users.

As it is now a (non-admin) be_user cannot see the admin panel on pages
he/she cannot edit. Not even if the page is containing a reference to a
content element that the be_user is allowed to edit. Without this
possibility my idea will not work.

As a last thing:
Can you please poste the code on how to insert a content element on a
page using php? I have not been able to find a coding example. Lets say
I have created a text element for page 7 and then I want to "show it" on
page 10 as well using my own extension or just some php on he page. If
you know, plese post the code.

Thanks for your help.
BR. Anders