[TYPO3] How to insert a copy of tt_content (content element) in frontend using typoscript or php

Anders Tillbeck at at opengate.dk
Fri Apr 27 13:33:26 CEST 2007

Thanks for the tips.
I can see how it can all be done keeping all users as fe_users.

But I will post my findings on sticking to use be_users. It is possible
I found out. But it has to be implemented as a work a'round since
be_user have there access controll set on pages and not on content
elements (this was kindly clarified by Mathias Schreiber earlier in this
thread).

It has to be done this way:
1) Create your users as be_users and put them all in a group (grp_all)
2) Create a page (page_admin) for the admin to contain static content
elements. The be_users in grp_all may not edit this page
3) Create a page (page_be_user) for each be_user and grant the
correspongin be_user ownership of that page
4) create ordinary pages (pages_web) in the menustructure for all
visitors to see. Grant he group grp_all access to edit these pages.
5) Create all content elements in the page_admin and insert them as
references into the pages called pages_web.
6) Where special be_user specifik content elements should be show insert
references to any element on page_be_user. This could be an extension
inserting the any content element from any be_users that the website
visitor chooses to view.
7) If set up correctly than all pages you can see in the frontend
(pages_web) will have no content elements on them but only references to
content elements places on page_admin and any of the page_be_user
8) Now let your be_users log into edit the site. They will only see
"pencils" (in other words: be able to edit) the content elements that
actually is references to their respective page_be_user.

Now I just need to know how to create a correct entry in the tt_content
plus how to display a tt_content element on a page when knowing the uid
of the content element. I will ask this question in a new thread.

BR. Anders