[TYPO3] How to insert a copy of tt_content (content element) in frontend using typoscript or php

Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] mathias at typo3.org
Wed Apr 25 14:01:17 CEST 2007

Anders Tillbeck schrieb:
> I guess the setup then will be:
>  - 100 pages with content elements, one page for every be_user.
>  - 1 page to show content for all visitors

No, not if I would do this. ;-)
read below

> Now the question will be:
> I every be_user have there own page, then I guess this page can just act
> as a container for the content elements that they are allowed to edit.
> Then these content elements can be displyed on other pages but the
> rights to edit them are controlled through the rights set on the page
> that contains them?

To be honest I'd go for a totally different strategy.
I'd add fields for the profile to the backend user table and make them
editable through the User->Setup Module in the Backend.
Then, I'd set up a small extension doing the frontend rendering.
This is, where things COULD go to.

Another idea would be to have all editors as Frontend Users in a special
usergroup. Then you could use almost any fe_user profile editing
extension available.

OR you could create special records and then code the whole editing
thing by yourself.

But generally it is pain in the a.. to get backend editing into the
frontend on a record basis.

hth
Mathias