[TYPO3] Running multiple sites, caching static pages?

He Shiming (NOSPAM) mailbill at 21cn.com.nospam
Mon Sep 4 06:16:31 CEST 2006

Hi,

By using domain records, typo3 is capable of running multiple websites
through one instance of the typo3 system. But to accomplish this, we'll have
to configure apache to point the virtual host of both domain to the same
path, where typo3 is located. This brings up a problem.

I've been using wget to fetch those most popular pages (can't use static
publish because RealURL is used) on my site, and upload them to the website,
because nothing can beat the performance of static files. But it seems that
if I were to run multiple sites, I would no longer be able to use this
approach. The obvious reason is that by putting a static file like this, the
URL of http://sitea/products/overview.html, will have the same content as
http://siteb/products/overview.html .

My question is, is it possible for typo3 to look for the static files in
alternative paths? Hopefully, to configure one path for each domain record.

Best regards,
--
He Shiming