[TYPO3] Dynamicaly sorting HMENU.special = directory entries, multilingual

Georg Skillas gskillas at gmx.de
Mon Oct 23 20:55:39 CEST 2006

Hello everybody,

the orininal reply proved not workable (or rather I am outlining below
what it would take) I am resending my query.

The proposed solution:
As I understand it I need the default definition:

MENU {
       special = directory
       special.value = 4
       1 = TMENU
       1 {
           NO = 1
           NO.linkWrap = |
           alternativeSortingField = title
         }
     }

and switches which will change this definition according to the language:

[globalVar = GP:L=1]
       # Greek is needed
       config.sys_language_uid = 1
       config.language = gr
       page.100.marks.MENU.1.alternativeSortingField = XXX
        #page.100.marks.MENU.1.select.where = sys_language_uid = 1
[global]

what I still cannot figure ou is how to get the appropriate information.
The 'pages' table does not have it, 'pages_language_overlay' has it, but I
need to (1) use 'title' from table 'pages_language_overlay' (and not
'pages') and then the appropriate records in 'title' for the language.
So, what should XXX be? and how can I then select records according to
language?

The original query:
I am building a Multilanguage site and have defined a menu in typoscript
as follows (please use a fixed font for better readability):

MENU = HMENU
MENU {
       special = directory
       special.value = 4
       1 = TMENU
       1.NO = 1
       1.NO.linkWrap = |
     }

The structure of the menu is

 +-Menubar (uid 4)
   +-Aquaria
   +-Diving
   +-Sailing

Every page of Aquaria, Diving and Sailing has translations pages in
english (standard), german, greek. The pages have been arranged in
alphabetical order of the title, this works nicely with one language.
Is there a method to dynamicaly arrange the pages based on the page title
in the respective language?

For completenes, language selection hapens over the much used

config.linkVars = L
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = en

LANGUAGE = COA
LANGUAGE {
   	   10 = TEXT
   	   10 {
             	field = uid
              }
           20 = TEXT
           20 {
                field = uid
              }
	   30 = TEXT
           30 {
          	field = uid
              }
         }

[globalVar = GP:L=1]
	# Greek is needed
	config.sys_language_uid = 1
	config.language = gr
[global]

[globalVar = GP:L=2]
	# German is needed
	config.sys_language_uid = 2
	config.language = de
[global]

[globalVar = GP:L=0]
	# English is needed
	config.sys_language_uid = 0
	config.language = en
[global]

Best regards,

George

Georg Skillas                               Tel.: 06181 969670
Am Lerchesberg 10                           FAX.: 06181 5975223
D-63456 Hanau                               gskillas-at-gmx-dot-de
Germany