[TYPO3] Problem with RealUrl - can not login - please help !!!

Jes davinci at REMOVE.mail.tdcadsl.dk
Fri Nov 24 19:51:32 CET 2006

Christopher Torgalson wrote:
> On 11/24/06, Jes <davinci at remove.mail.tdcadsl.dk> wrote:
>
>> > Katja is right, you should be able to remove the extension from the
>> > install tool, but the root of your problem probably lies in your
>> > .htaccess file. The RealUrl setup docs show a .htaccess configuration
>> > that deliberately avoids redirecting urls in the /typo3 directory, so
>> > there /must/ be a mistake in how you've set up the various
>> > RewriteCondition/RewriteRule statements in .htaccess.
>> >

> Looks right to me. You should probably make sure there are no other
> rewrite rules or conditions in
>
> In any case, to solve your immediate problem you can
>
> a) remove those lines from .htaccess (or comment them out),
> b) use ftp/ssh/your webhost's 'control panel' if any etc to access
> localconf.php to remove realurl from the extension list.
> c) find the field in the db where the TS template enabling realurl is
> located and edit that...
>
> Re: your other reply in this thread, you're correct: line
> 2--'config.baseURL = 1'--is incorrect. In your case it should be
> something like http://coachingteam.dk
>
> You should probably also 1) check your .htaccess for other rewrite
> rules and conditions to make sure nothing is interfering with realurl,
> and 2) look deeper into the realurl manual--there's a more complete
> .htaccess configuration at the end [1].

If I look to the end of the realurl dokumentation and put this in
.htaccess somthing new happens at least. Not sure if its good or bad.:
Instead for the previous errormessage, I now get this:

Error. Reason: Segment "500.shtml" was not a keyword for a postVarSet as
expected!

I dont know what 500.shtml is. It's not a file in the root of
coachingteam.dk so I dont know how it comes up with this.

*********Code in .htaccess *****************************
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteRule ^typo3$ - [L]
   RewriteRule ^typo3/.*$ - [L]
   RewriteRule ^uploads/.*$ - [L]
   RewriteRule ^fileadmin/.*$ - [L]
   RewriteRule ^typo3conf/.*$ - [L]

   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
   RewriteRule (.*[^/])$ http://%{HTTP_HOST}/$1/ [L,R]
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}/index.html -f
   RewriteRule / %{REQUEST_URI}/index.html [L]
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}/index.htm -f
   RewriteRule / %{REQUEST_URI}/index.htm [L]
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}/index.php -f
   RewriteRule / %{REQUEST_URI}/index.php [L]
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
   RewriteRule .* /index.php

I have not yet been able to locate the place in the db where the
template typoscript config i located. Still looking.

Any suggestions is still very welcome :-) I am still in trouble.

Best regards

Jes