[TYPO3] Problem with RealUrl - can not login - please help !!!

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 18:53:59 CET 2006

On 11/24/06, Jes <davinci at remove.mail.tdcadsl.dk> wrote:
> > Katja is right, you should be able to remove the extension from the
> > install tool, but the root of your problem probably lies in your
> > .htaccess file. The RealUrl setup docs show a .htaccess configuration
> > that deliberately avoids redirecting urls in the /typo3 directory, so
> > there /must/ be a mistake in how you've set up the various
> > RewriteCondition/RewriteRule statements in .htaccess.
> >

> Hello Christopher
>
> Can you give me any hint to where I can access the install tool when I
> dont have access to the back-end?
>
> This is the exact code I have put in the .htaccess in the root of the site.
>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteRule ^typo3$ - [L]
> RewriteRule ^typo3/.*$ - [L]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
> RewriteRule .* index.php
>
> That's all there is.

Looks right to me. You should probably make sure there are no other
rewrite rules or conditions in

In any case, to solve your immediate problem you can

a) remove those lines from .htaccess (or comment them out),
b) use ftp/ssh/your webhost's 'control panel' if any etc to access
localconf.php to remove realurl from the extension list.
c) find the field in the db where the TS template enabling realurl is
located and edit that...

Re: your other reply in this thread, you're correct: line
2--'config.baseURL = 1'--is incorrect. In your case it should be
something like http://coachingteam.dk

You should probably also 1) check your .htaccess for other rewrite
rules and conditions to make sure nothing is interfering with realurl,
and 2) look deeper into the realurl manual--there's a more complete
.htaccess configuration at the end [1].

--
Christopher Torgalson

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/realurl/current/view/1/4/#id2845784