[TYPO3] Install tool does SELECT * on ALL tables?

Daniel Smedegaard Buus danielbuus at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 13:26:02 CET 2006

Peter Russ wrote:

> Daniel Smedegaard Buus schrieb:
>> Daniel Selinger wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I don't know it exactly, but I think Typo3 assumes that it's the only
>>> app in the DB which you have chosen in the install tool...
>>>

>> Surely, it is, but still there may be tons and tons of data :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>
> Frankly speaking: what do you expect or how should COMPARE handle that?
> Compare provides information on tables and fields in the DB and COMPARES
> it with the TCA setting.
> How do you define "does not belong to TYPO3"? Missing TCA-entry? No good
> idea...

I don't think it's a question of defining "does not belong to TYPO3".
Rather, if something isn't in the TCA, then what could the install tool
possibly use for comparison? You can't compare the contents of something
with the definition of nothing. The fact that the table isn't defined
anywhere except in the database itself is all the information you need.
Examining the contents of this unknown and unregistered table does not
provide the installer with any useful information for the task at hand,
wouldn't you agree?