[TYPO3] Install tool does SELECT * on ALL tables?

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Tue Nov 7 13:12:06 CET 2006

Daniel Smedegaard Buus schrieb:
> Daniel Selinger wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't know it exactly, but I think Typo3 assumes that it's the only app
>> in the DB which you have chosen in the install tool...
>>

> Surely, it is, but still there may be tons and tons of data :)
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Frankly speaking: what do you expect or how should COMPARE handle that?
Compare provides information on tables and fields in the DB and COMPARES
it with the TCA setting.
How do you define "does not belong to TYPO3"? Missing TCA-entry? No good
idea...

So if you DB is that big: do it during low load time or turn off for
upgrade/service.

Regs. Peter.

--
Fiat lux!