[TYPO3] Big application with T3?

Matyi Gábor gmatyi at freemail.hu
Mon May 15 23:46:16 CEST 2006

2006. május 15. 21.57 dátummal Heiner Lamprecht ezt írta:

> The system will not only be installed once.  I'm sure, that some
> other customers will also install the system, either complete, or
> only parts of it.  Therefore it should by quite configurable, not
> only the application itself, but also the layout, the possible
> integration into their website and stuff like this.

I don't guess, that your customers would like to configure the typo3. Not a
simple system.

> My idea today was to use Typo3 as an application framework.  It
> offers great functionality in terms of layout and there are many
> ready to use extensions which could be interesting (news,
> discussion board, ...), too.

Yes, therefore I use the typo3.

> Do you think, it is a good idea to go in this direction?  Are there
> any drawbacks I will have to face?

Perhaps, but my opinion is that the appllication what you imagine would be
better to implement in java, j2ee or .NET. You will have got many business
logic what you have to implement.
If you would write everything in one .war or .ear file, customers can
install it easy.

But hear also the typo3 experts guys...

> Do you know of any other "real applications" based on Typo3?

I didn't see yet.