[TYPO3] Big application with T3?

Heiner Lamprecht heiner at heiner-lamprecht.net
Tue May 16 21:00:31 CEST 2006

Hi Matyi ,

On Monday 15 May 2006 23:46, Matyi Gábor wrote:
> 2006. május 15. 21.57 dátummal Heiner Lamprecht ezt írta:
> > The system will not only be installed once.  I'm sure, that
> > some other customers will also install the system, either
> > complete, or only parts of it.  Therefore it should by quite
> > configurable, not only the application itself, but also the
> > layout, the possible integration into their website and stuff
> > like this.
>
> I don't guess, that your customers would like to configure the
> typo3. Not a simple system.

I think, he will not even care about that. ;-)  That would be our
task.  And as the rest of the complete system is much more than the
application I talked about, he may even not notice the effort.

> > Do you think, it is a good idea to go in this direction?  Are
> > there any drawbacks I will have to face?
>
> Perhaps, but my opinion is that the appllication what you imagine
> would be better to implement in java, j2ee or .NET. You will have
> got many business logic what you have to implement.

Well, most of the stuff would only be the frontend.  The
businesslogic will be separate server processes, because there are
several other data sources connected, as well as other "user
processes".

> > Do you know of any other "real applications" based on Typo3?
>
> I didn't see yet.

Me too, and the rest of the answers tell my, why ...

Best regards,

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373