[TYPO3] history / l18n_diffsource in FE-Plugin?

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Sun May 7 19:34:09 CEST 2006

On Sun, 07 May 2006 15:47:07 +0000, mario wrote
with subject "Re: [TYPO3] history / l18n_diffsource in FE-Plugin?":

> Hello
>
> thanks for the reply.
>
> Still, I am not sure how to use it, I mean within your srfeedit.
>
> I am not sure how to let a FE user to insert a value for a field Field
> such that  $TCA["tx_bookdb_book"]["ctrl"]["transOrigDiffSourceField"] =
> "Field"? Is this taken care of by your extension? I do not see how.

Is far as I understand you:
the field l18n_diffsource holds differences between the master-record and
localized records for all fields of a record.
In the BE you can see these contents under an input-field of localized
records.

So I change the content of a record with PHP with the data given from a
FE-user in a form, there is no action from the BE, which puts correct data
to this field.
The field l18n_diffsource is not updated and holds its old value.
In the handling of the BE-form it is updated on changes of the record or
the master-record.

> Indeed, I do not know  how I could implement something as your
> sr_festival_entry within a multilingual environment: how do you do to
> apply the  "one-tree-fits-all-languages" concept as to let a (FE, or
> indeed even a BE) user to insert both an entry and its traslation?
> Am I asking too much?

my problem are holiday vacations and their descriptions.
I have enabled the owners to change the descriptions of their vacations
with a FE-form (after login-identification).
They can insert/change fields in all languages or just one language (then
an admin has to fill in the remaining languages)

my extension handles to multiply one (master) record into different
localized records. Most values are language-independent:
e.g.: numbers like count of beds, checkboxes like [ ]has tv, [ ]has pool,
for the description I need textarea-input and my extension shows one
textarea-field for each language, the records are presented later on, to
the vacation owner. He fills in one form instead of filling in the same
values for 90% of the fields in three (or more) forms with localized
values.

My problem:
If I (or another admin) edit these localized records in the BE the values
of l18n_diffsource shows values which doesn't exist anymore. this can
result in confusion.

Bernd