[TYPO3] Name of Logged in user to display

Sébastien Ioannitis-McColl Ioannitis at intracen.org
Wed May 3 19:18:11 CEST 2006

Hello

Thanks for that.
However, is there anything to (except from installing it) to use the
newloginbox_tmplable  extension? As far as I understand it allows to
design templates for the login form, so that it can be customized any
way you like. Where and how to configure it?

The systax ###USERNAME### reminds me of the way to old way to build
templates. Does it work as well with TEMPLAVOILA?
I got stuck at the stage of creating the "New Login Box" :(

Thanks for your help
Seb

>>> erik at linnearad.no 03/05/2006 18:18 >>>

Hello Sébastien,

> Hello
>
> Do you know how to retrieve the name of the currently logged in
user?
> want to display the name of the user in the header.
> There does not seem to be any embedded solution which I could find,
> except
> the one of playing with SQL and fe users and fe sesssions.
> Thanks
> Seb

I'm using the following solution to display a link to login page with
the
username when he/her i logged in, and only a link to login page when
the
user isn't logged in.

[loginUser = *] #If there are logged in user, do this
lib.login = COA
lib.login {
10 = HTML
10.value = <span><a href="index.php?id=18">Logget
inn:&nbsp;<!--###USERNAME###--></a></span>
}

[ELSE] #If nobody is logged in
lib.login = COA
lib.login {
10 = HTML
}
[END]

But to only display the username, drop the a-tags, and make the value
under
else empty.

I'm using newloginbox, newloginbox_tmplable and sr_feuser_register.

But I suppose there are other solution to get the users name, either
with
field value or maybe with TSFE. Haven't tried. If you are using
newloginbox

And there are plenty of embedded solutions in TYPO3, but you need to
read
in TSref to find them. It's the only TYPO3 manual I have in print on my
desk.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no