[TYPO3] Front End User Registation and customizing country list

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 03:49:39 CET 2006

Hi,

On 3/21/06, John Nicholas <typo3user at mobosplash.com> wrote:
> Christopher wrote:
> > On 3/21/06, Peter Russ <peter.russ at 4many.net> wrote:
> >> RTFM: defaulValues is your friend ;-)
> >>

> > Agreed. Stanislas' manuals are exceptionally good...
>
> Which manual? The sr_static_info contains no mention of a defaulValues
> or a defaultValues. I did find (by hunting through TS browser) that if I put

Fine, not the manual (maybe I should have just said 'documentaion'),
but here's what you get in the Constant Editor:

"Default country	[plugin.tx_srstaticinfo_pi1.countryCode]
ISO alpha-3 code of the default selected country in drop-down selector."

> plugin.tx_srstaticinfo_pi1.countryCode = USA
> plugin.tx_srstaticinfo_pi1.countryZoneCode = USA
>
> in Constants, it will set the state list properly but the Country still
> says "Outlying Oceania"

Works here (TYPO3 3.8.1 and TYPO3 4.0rc1). Clear the cache in the backend.

> The sr_feuser_register manual also has no mention of defaulValues or a
> defaultValues. It only has 4 mentions of sr_static_info.
>
> 1)The extension is designed to be used in conjunction with the New Login
> Box (newloginbox), Static Info Library (sr_static_info) and,....
>
> 2) In order to use the XHTML CSS-styled template, version 1.4.9+ of
> Static Info Library (sr_static_info) is required.

But it works--as do all basic login operations--with the default login
form. You can easily fix that one up to be xhtml 1.0 strict compliant
with TS.

> 3) If you select the CSS-styled template, make sure you have installed
> version 1.4.9+ of extension Static Info Library (sr_static_info).
>
> 4)  In order to use the xhtml ccs- styled template, version 1.4.9+ of
> Static Info Library (sr_static_info) is required.
>
> None of which help with identifying the above config TS. There are 8
> uses of countryCode none of which mention setting a default or point to
> looking in sr_static_info config. zone is listed as something I can turn
> on or off but nothing else is said about it in terms of how it relates
> to any other field.

The static info extensions basically exist to provide international
type data. sr_feuser_register won't install unless sr_static_info is
installed, so...

-Christopher