[TYPO3] Issue with menus

christian oettinger christian.oettinger at gmx.de
Thu Jun 22 15:46:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

You don't have to use dfferent templates for your issue.
In your teplate on root-level you define two Menu objects. The first
only contains only level 0.
example (simplified):

page.4 = HMENU
page.4.entryLevel = 0
page.4.1 = GMENU
page.4.1.NO {
}

page 4 means the Menu object. Page.4.1 is the first level. I do not
define page.4.2 - so I will not get a second level here. Your done with
your first Menu. It will always show, no matter where you are.

Next you create the second menu object in the same template. This is for
the "remaining" levels.
example (simplified):

page.10 = HMENU
page.10.entryLevel = 1
page.10.1 = TMENU
page.10.1 {
}

page.10.2 = TMENU
page.10.2 {
}

page.10.3 = TMENU
page.10.3 {
}

here I defined 3 levels, so three levels will be shown at a maximum (see
"expAll"), starting at level1, (not level0, which means root).
this menu (in opposition to the first menu we created) will change,
depending where you are. It will always show the submenus belonging to
the button clicked in the first menu.

hope this is what you wanted to know!

greetings from munich
oe (christian)